good-looking caps that are perfect for the season. There are a couple of Stitch hats in the mix this year too: The Varick 5
is a brown tweed wool felt fedora
with wool fabric underbrim and real leather band; and The Bleecker 4
is an oyster tweed wool felt square crown pork pie hat
with silk pugaree band and bound edge. They're made in New York City one at a time, with attention to detail that is as old-fashioned as the hat-making equipment and wooden blocks used to shape each one.
From Capas Caps
, we've got another tweed cap
that's a real favorite around here. Made in the USA, it's an 8/4 panel, satin lined newsboy in 100% wool tweed that offers a relaxed silhouette. Customers who have bought this cap say:
- Very happy with the hat.
- The XXL fit my big head (7 7/8) perfectly. Sets well and looks good. My old one finally wore out after 6 years. Highly recommend this cap!
- Could not ask for more. The hat is just fine -- I gave one as a gift, and he really liked it.
- A really fine cap and a style that is timeless. Keeps the rain off and the head warm in cool weather.
- Great hat. Product is as advertised. Very satisfied!
- Love the hat. Wore it the first day I had it. A guy in the mall said, "Nice hat." Don't know if he meant it or he was hitting on me.
- Just right for the winter weather we're having. Looks and feels great.
Another snazzy cap
from Capas is The Big Apple
. We've got these in wool melton and in leather, but this particular rendition is in wool tweed, and at a full 12 inches in diameter, it's a very generous size cap. If you're looking for a more traditional tweed walking hat
, you'll be happy with the rex from Borsalino, a finely woven 100% Donegal wool tweed hat. The snap brim measures two inches, and it's finished with a quilted lining and a fabric and leather sweatband. As one satisfied customer puts it: "The Borsalino Rex
is a great hat and it's got a good fit."